Monday, October 23, 2006

Judgment House!

The Lord gave us these last two weeks where we had no meetings to be a part of the annual Judgment House project at our home church Messiah Baptist. For seven years now Messiah has been putting on Judgment House and has seen literally thousands of people come to Christ. If you would like more information on Judgment House, what it is, and how your church could get involved with it please visit www.judgementhouse.org
I wanted to be able to let you know personally what it has done in our lives in just the 4 days we have been involved with it. Crystal and I have been able to counsel many people in their decisions to follow Christ as their Savior, and it has changed us as well. With this Judgment House project, many teens, children and adults come from the invitation room ready to harvest from the fields of the lost. Our church staff and the many volunteers that are involved do a wonderful job of bathing this ministry in prayer and petitioning God to do the work and not we ourselves. These people come and are ready to get saved.
In the last 4 days, the Lord has used me to win 8 young men to Him, and to help 3 others in their Christian walk with the Lord! I can not tell you the gratification it is for me to hear a young man speak to God for the first time in their lives and ask Him to be their Savior. I listen to one boy pray and he said with all sincerity, "Lord, I believe in you!" It broke my heart.
I have more stories that I will add later, especially one specific about a teenager who was very violent towards his mother, and how the Lord changed his life forever!

Be in prayer for this ministry. Messiah puts on this program each year for two weekends. This next weekend will be more dramatic and have more people going through. Pray that the Lord will reap a great harvest through this years project. Also pray that the staff at Messiah will be able to follow up to so many new believers.