Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Fighting Giants

I was reading today in 1 Chronicles. I've been trying to read through the Bible in a month. I am a bit behind because of our extensive travel schedule, but doing well nonetheless. 1Chr 11 talks about David's elite group of warriors called "The Three". His 3 most valiant fighters. They were so faithful to him. Whatever he would even want, it was their desire to make David happy and satisfied.
Once in a battle when all the army turned and ran for their lives one of these “Three” stayed and fought, along side none other than David himself. Kings aren’t supposed to put themselves into a mix like that where they could easily lose their lives. But there is no greater form of leadership than putting oneself alongside the followers.
I hope that I can follow God so strong as David and his “Three” did. I wonder if I would be considered one of God's Elite? Would you be considered?